FIND HOST FAMILY
JR International is dedicated to providing the student with the best homestay experience. All of our families are selected to provide a safe, nurturing, and comfortable living environment. Each student is provided the following:
• A Private Bedroom with a Desk, Bathroom (may be shared)
• Linens, sheets, towels, soap, shampoo, other toiletries
• Meals: Breakfast and Dinner on school days; Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on all other days
• Transportation to and from school, school activities, and necessary shopping
• Transportation to and from the airport upon arrival and departure when traveling
• Renter’s Insurance
JR International works with each family to ensure the student’s safety and provides 24/7 support for the student and host family. Each Family must pass a background check which includes a criminal and DMV records review and complete an online Children Abuse Prevention Training. Only after intensive interviewing and screening are families approved to be part of the JR International homestay program.
To find a host family, each student is asked to fill out an online application in which his/her preferences, likes, and dislikes, interests and personality among other areas which are then reviewed by the homestay coordinators to best match the student with the families.